Saturday, December 22, 2012

More collages

Untitled, 2012, collage on found book page, 9"x12"

Untitled, 2012, collage on found book page, 9"x12"

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the intervention of an image and how abstraction has the tendency to alter our visual rhythms.  As always, I am continuously making collages that I hope will inform my paintings, so these two works are a sample of what I have been working on in late December.  A considerable amount of "fiction-making" is happening in my studio as I try to advance the work and find the middle ground between several ongoing series'.  The role of architecture has been creeping its way into my thoughts and observations, probably as references to the body as I try to grasp a more thorough understanding of spaces I occupy.  I have started collaging on found images of buildings, playing around with the image's inherent visual flow and using it as a starting point for other considerations.  I think the idea of placing these knotted forms in a "real" location has been important to imagining new scale references and image possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment